Feeling Ethnic :: Shein.com Embroidered Loose Dress ( Featured)

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 Simone - Your Style Architect 26 Comments

Hi everyone.

I hope all of you are keeping warm with the crazy changes in weather over in the States. And for those of you here in Hong Kong, experiencing chills which was last felt this cold almost 60 years ago. 

As promised in a previous post, this is the second outfit by the kind people at Shein.com who had sent me 2 outfits to showcase to my readers. If you had missed the first one, click here to read the post.


Obviously this picture was taken just before the cold snap hit. With Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day just around the corner, many of you here in Asia are starting to get new clothes and prep for the big festival. Naturally, online shopping seems to be a good way to pick up great bargains and of course, with the mercury dropping - getting new stuff from the comfort of the warmth of your homes seem to be the best bet for the moment. 


Although traditionally, wearing black on new year's is pretty much frowned upon in chinese culture, however these days many of the younger generation have broken that " rule". So why not consider this outfit which has a little ethnic influence for the new year. If you do not celebrate Chinese New Year, this is certainly a nice little black number for that romantic Valentine's Dinner with that special someone. Great length, perfect with heels and an easy to go from Dinner to Drinks/ Dance after outfit.



Am loving the embroidered detailing on the hemline of this loose dress. It was cut loose and pretty A-line in shape therefore, I decided to belt it up with my leather obi belt to cinch in the waist for an elegant touch to this dress.


I had also purchased these cute little tassles for hooking on to the zippers of my clutch for a DIY change to some of them. Whilst styling for this outfit post I found a totally different purpose for them this time. Hooking them up as tassles to a simple stiletto heels for that party look.



My girlfriend recently sent me this necklace from Thailand which was so ideal to pair it with this dress to bring out that whole ethnic feel in the outfit. This Swarovski inspired style of jelly stacked bangles in rose gold completed the whole look.


Click here check out this look at Shein.com or browse their many new arrivals for that perfect outfit for your upcoming events. 

Dress : Shein.com ( get it here)
Belt : Asos ( similar here)
Shoes : Romwe.com ( get it here)
Bag Tassles : Cotton On 
Bag : Foster Bay ( similar here & here)
Jewelry : thanks Joanne for the pretty necklace ( similar here) //
H&M Bangles (  get it here)

Love,
Simone xoxo
Women's on Lookastic:

You Might Also Like

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress, I love the embroidery on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is beautiful. I love the dress, the jewelry, the shoes and the handbag. You look beautiful in this. Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great outfit!! love the purse too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the outfit what a beautiful outfit the background goes well with that

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute outfit. I love black dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your kind comments. It is a truly versatile dress to own. Do check out more interesting pieces on Shein.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the dress is very beautiful, and I love the tasseled black heels. Also, your view from the balcony is magnificent !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black tassel heels are gorgeous! Also lovin' the Monroe pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dress + heels = perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am obsessed with those SHOES! They are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a simple pair of stilettos with some DIY tassels clipped on to it. You can go play with this look!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful outfit! What cute tassled heels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dress is so pretty on your. I love all the details and how you styled it. I have yet to purchase anything from Shein but am definitely going to. Their prices are just too good not too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should Christy. I personally have purchased some items from them and to be honest although some are touch n go in terms of quality or fit - best you read the reviews per the item you wish to purchase to ascertain if it'll work for you.

      Delete
  13. The dress is darling and I love how you used the tassels!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love the dress I've heard of that site but never knew anyone that ordered from them now I after seeing this I'll have to try them out thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the dress, I have never tried buying from Shein but now I think I should try it :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. lOve the dress and the Burgandy coat. They really are great outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the dress but would have to use it as a blouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'd have to agree with that

      Delete
    2. Lol I'd have to agree with that

      Delete
    3. Aww....but yet again it would look cute with a nice pair of pants underneath it. A long tunic per se or long blouse can be trendy when matched right. So go for it. Fashion is not black or white. It's mix and matching and re-creating new looks from old pieces and making a style that best suits you! Have fun!

      Delete
  18. Wow, great look! I think I'm the only woman alive who just DOESN'T GET the tassel necklaces! I mean they even made them into an emoji!! But the shoes with the tassel, now that's a totally different story! I LOVE them, and they look great on you! I love the necklace, too, but the shoes are what grabbed me immediately. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie. Yes it was a cute idea to DIY some of our accessories so that we need not keep buying new stuff. Thats what my blog was aimed to do. Anyway, will hope to look for new trinkets to add to that simple pair of stiletto heels to give it a different look. And guess what? Those tassels are now off those shoes and on my clutch to add that final oomph to a simple clutch bag ! It already looks more expensive just with a hook on tassel.

      Delete
  19. I love this entire look. Gorgeous yet simple.

    ReplyDelete